Are you wondering if it’s worthwhile to train your employees with Microsoft Outlook? Taking some time to ensure that your employees know how to use Microsoft Outlook in an appropriate way can make a positive impact on their productivity and the bottom lines of the organization as well.
What is MS Outlook?
Officially MS Outlook is known as a PIM application that is, a Personal Management Information application. Although everyone uses it for e-mail, it has, of course other facets such as the calendar, Tasks and Contacts, it can also synchronize with your RSS feeds. It allows departments and teams to work more closely together sharing resources such as e-mail folders and calendars.It is highly configurable should be setup to facilitate how you prefer to work.
Top 7 problems and issues while using MS Outlook
1. Having too many e-mails in your Inbox – Whilst most users endeavor to attain a empty Inbox, if you are receiving 30, 40, 50 or more E-mails a day that can prove difficult. If e-mails are disappearing off the bottom of your Inbox, one has to keep scrolling through your Inbox to check you have not missed any important messages.One solution might be for certain e-mails (where you have been cc’ed?)to be automatically redirected using Rules into a another folder perhaps called ‘CC-Inbox’.
2. What to do next?– Even if your Inbox is ‘tamed’ how do you know what is the next important thing to get on with. There are great organising tools such as Categories and Search Folders that allow you to prioritise what is the next thing to do.
3. Becoming de-sensitized to Reminders – Reminders are there to remind you of things that you either need to do or things that are going to happen. However if you are using this as a tool you ac find that the Reminders window popping up endlessly becomes a chore in itself. You can restrict pop-up reminders to just the important stuff and set up notifications of new e-mails to only e-mails that are important to you.
4. Losing track of e-mails – Ever been caught out with an e-mail that should have been dealt with? There a variety of tools that allow you to firstly ‘mark’ emails and then organize folders so that th ‘marked’ e-mails can be easily found.
5. Re-writing content already created – Ever had to re-write an e-mail that you know you have already created in a previously created e-mail? MS Outlook has a variety of tools that allows you simply re-use content that you have already created. This can be from the perfect paragraph or the perfect e-mail. The time can be taken in getting the content perfect the first time and can then be used and re-usedlimitlessly.
6. Creating workflows – Do you know what you are meant to do with an e-mail when you receive it? Setting up a workflow that you can trust and get benefit from saves time and results in you always knowing where you are.
7. MS Outlook Culture Across An Organisation – Rather than having multiple systems for booking rooms or end users only using their own personal calendar that no one can access – Resources can be set up correctly within MS Outlook’s Calendar so Rooms and Projectors can be booked online. Staff can easy book the required resources and then send out invitations knowing that everyone is available
Microsoft Outlook – The Time Management Tool:
Any program that is useful in managing a person’s efforts and time is an asset to both employee and the employer and this is why Microsoft Outlook is such an important application to get working as close to 100% as possible.
When set up and used correctly, it organises, disseminates and simplifies,facilitating employees in being evermore more efficient and effective in dealing with items that can be either filed away, deleted, deferred or dealt with, it can be automated as required – freeing up time for items that should have time spent on them.
Understanding the Importance of Outlook Training:
MS Outlook is a tool that has many capabilities and layers of benefits that a self-taught individual hasn’t the time to research the many options and configurations available. As a result, the lack of proper knowledge and understanding can lead to the program feeling cumbersome and not being fully utilised.
Therefore expert formal Microsoft Outlook Training will deliver the knowledge for the end users to enhance both the productivity of employees but also the employer.